Tuesday, October 16, 2007

This Past Weekend...

So this past weekend I drove up to the Indianapolis area to visit my sisters and attend my nephew Duncan's final football game of the season. Duncan is on the freshman team of Fishers High School in Fishers, Indiana. And the team won the game and finished the season undefeated! Although Duncan did not get to play until the 5th quarter, we were very proud to sit in the stands and support him. And he looked so cute in his uniform! J

While I was up there, Friday night, my brother-in-law, Tom's band, Right on Red, was playing a gig at the Fishers American Legion Hall. So my two sisters and I sat in the front row and had a good time singing along with the band and chair-bopping to the music. Haley took video with the intent to post it on YouTube.

In addition to the football game, my other reason for going up this weekend was to visit with Fred & George - two kittens that we discovered in the shed behind my parents' property and who Holly and her family adopted. Turns out both Fred and George are female (who knew!?) And they're living happily in Fishers. Although it was questionable whether the two cats already in residence were going to accept them into the fold. But all is well now. I took my knitting up and knitted them a mouse. I'll have to knit a couple more for them for Christmas.

Saturday afternoon, Holly had committed to playing her viola at the McDonald's in Broad Ripple as a part of a fund raiser for the MYO (Metropolitan Youth Orchestra) so we trekked across town and I knitted and munched on some fries while she played.

All in all, I had a very nice time this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment