Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gary, I Love You

So first, while mom and I were in Fishers this past weekend (and my sister's house was hit by lightning?), I guess there was a bad storm here, too. And it knocked out my internet at home. I'm super concerned about my Webkinz and their garden. Sigh.. I couldn't call until I got to work on Monday and got on the internet at work and printed off my bill (since I have paperless bills) to get the customer service phone number and my account number.

After work Monday, I went to Curves and by the time I got home, I was exhausted, so I didn't call. I called Tuesday after work and Curves, and spoke with a very nice lady in the Phillippines, and after trying all sorts of things, she set me up for some test and told me that someone would call me back after the test to tell me if they figured it out. Didn't make sense to me, but again, I was tired and in a mood, so I didn't really care.

Tonight, Wednesday, after work and Curves, I got home to a message from my DSL company telling me that according to their diagnostic, my internet is working fine. I go in to check it, and it's still down. Sigh. So I called the Phillippines again. Well, I assume it was the Philippines. Anyway, this time I talked to Gary and we figured out that the storm had made my modem reset. So after walking me thru resetting it, I was up and running. Before hanging up, I told Gary that I loved him. He told me not to tell his wife, and I promised him that it was our secret. So if you're reading this, Gary's wife, I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

I logged on, and sure enough, my garden was dead. It looked like a weird version of the elephant burial ground scene in the The Lion King, only instead of elephant skeletons, there were skeleton-esque pumpkins and tomato plants. I did have a cabbage to pick. Snuffles was very happy to see me.

I'm logging off to go to bed. As I fall asleep, I'll be thinking of Gary. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment