Friday, May 13, 2011

Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes...

So this morning I had an appointment with my doctor. It wasn't scheduled, but for the past couple of days, I've been feeling woozy, dizzy, clammy, etc. I knew something was off, and after a call to his office, we were told that it was probably low blood sugar. Of course the fact that I only eat 6 ounces a day and none of it contained any sugar other than what came naturally in my applesauce, I wasn't surprised. Especially since I was still taking my Metformin - which is a diabetes medicine, even though I don't have diabetes, long story, don't ask.

First, sipping some apple juice made me feel better almost immediately. Then the doctor ordered a blood sugar monitor for me so I could test it. Mom went and got it and even after sipping my juice (from my sippy cup!) for an hour, my blood sugar was only 76.

So I went to go see Dr. Marienau this morning. First things first. When I weighed, I was down 31 pounds. YEAH! Then my blood pressure was 111/70. Which is picture perfect - and I hadn't even had all of my BP meds for the day! Anyway, after talking to Dr. M, I am now totally off of the Meformin AND one of the two BP meds that I take. I go see him again next Friday to revisit the BP.

Needless to say Rose is feeling very good. I'm still sort of woozy from the BP meds that I have already taken today, but I'll just be careful and watch what I'm doing and how I'm feeling. I'll let Mom drive to Absolute Beauty for my manicure this afternoon. Also, Mom and a family friend who works at my Dr's office both tell me I'm looking skinny today, so I plan on dropping by the office this afternoon to say hi and give'em a look see!

That's it for today. Rose Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment