Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Rock the Boat! (Don't Rock the Boat, Baby!)

On Friday morning, after a very restful night's sleep, I woke up and took a leisurely shower, not once thinking about the water I was wasting or where it was coming from.  Seriously, including the staff, there are about 3,600 people on this ship.  For four days.  Where is all the water being kept?

The first evening, we couldn't feel the movement of the ship all that much.  This morning, as I motored around, I was walking like a drunken sailor!  I can't imagine being drunk and trying to walk on this ship.  I've been told it is unusually wavy today and it really isn't normally this bad, but I'm glad I don't suffer from seasickness.

Annette and I were suffering, though, from a slight case of guilt over not dining with our cat people  the previous night, so we went to go see if they were having breakfast in the formal restaurant.  They weren't, but we did.  I'm afraid that after four days of having someone at my beck and call, being back in the real world will be rough.  However, Gizmo has the tie.  All I need to do is train him to be a waiter and life could be good!

After a breakfast of bacon and cheese grits (if it's good enough for Brittany Spears...) and juice and coffee, we found our way to what I now consider my home away from home.  It's an outdoor deck, covered, so it's shaded, at the end of the boat (aft) -
I'm just a few feet away from the buffet of my dreams, a restroom, and a never-ending fountain of tea and lemonade.  And don't get me started on the chocolate chip cookies!

About 11:30 we joined the cat people for cat trivia and crafts.  We introduced ourselves and told about our cats.  Played the trivia where I learned that I know a lot of esoteric crap about cats, and yet, I didn't win.  :(  Bummer, I know.  I came closer to winning the second trophy that evening at round two of the cat trivia.  I got all the questions right but missed the tie-breaker.  I didn't know that Sassy, the cat from the movie Homeward Bound, was a Himalayan.  but I won't forget now.  I can't explain why, because they appear to be uber cheap and even "broken", but I really want one of those trophies!  I have one more opportunity to win one.  I'll cross my fingers and newly polished toes!

During the afternoon, after lunch and some time lazing in the shade, we went checking out parts of the boat we hadn't been to yet. 
I spoiled something for Annette.  I had noticed that all the doorknobs seemed to look as if it was giving you the finger.  And when I asked her about it, Annette had to agree.  Of course, after that conversation, I saw it everywhere and could only think of that!  Tell me I'm wrong.
We found a coffee shop.  I ordered a chocolate lovers coffee, without the vodka.  It still had chocolate flavored liqueur so it tasted like it had alcohol in it.  The guy behind the counter was the only staff person on the ship who wasn't completely nice.  I didn't leave him a tip - don't judge me!  He was snarky and borderline rude.  PLUS, the boat automatically tacked on a 15% tip for him!  I just don't see why they do that.  I mean, if we, the customer, do not have a choice it, just raise the freaking price!  Then, leave the actual tipping up to us for those who deserve it!  This may be my only gripe about the cruise, so it's over quickly.

Friday night was "elegant" night in the main restaurant.  People dressed up quite nicely.  Annette and I decided that we are not "elegant" people, and stayed in our same clothes and ate in the Paris restaurant (buffet) - the same place we ate almost all of our meals.  It was very good and was different every meal and had quite the selection.  The frozen yogurt was very yummy, the honeydew melon was ripe and delicious, and I didn't have any of the "real" food that wasn't really good! 
However,  I do have to say, the first night - I got a piece of fudge truffle cheesecake for dessert and it was good, but not has good as MY fudge truffle cheesecake, and I did not - and brace yourselves, you probably won't ever hear these words from me again, - I did not finish the cheesecake!  I know!  I'm pretty sure that's one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Night owls that we are, after gelling on the deck for a while, we went back to the room where a new towel creation awaited us - this time, it was a bunny rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment