Thursday, December 27, 2018

Pictures of Pandas Painting

You know those TV shows where the episodes are related, but not technically a two-parter?  This is one of those.


You will recall the fun that was to be had in my bathroom the day before Thanksgiving?  Well, we left this story line with a big hole in my ceiling.  The plumber had come and fixed the leak, but we hadn't received the bill yet.  Also, the contractor hadn't come yet to give us an estimate. 

Flash forward about a month later, the contractor came and estimated, the insurance had been contacted and they were going to cover everything but the deductible which, BTW, turns out we have a sliding deductible and since we've not submitted any claims in the 9 years we've lived here, our deductible was $250 instead of $500!

The contractor also included in his estimate what it would take if they painted my bathroom, too.  It was $500 more, and my niece, Natalie who just so happened to be coming to visit Mom and me for Christmas, "love[s] painting!"  Also she's got some decorating savant-ness going on, so I figured maybe I could bribe her into helping me paint.  Plus, she can help me pick the color bein's as I want to keep my shower curtain - with Monet's "Water Lilies" - only I'm not big on my bathroom being blue... or pink.

I never realized it, but there's a whole series of these Water Lilies paintings.  Just try Googling it in the store when you realize you forgot to take a photo of the thing you are trying to match!  Nat's performed her magic and we got paint, and all the assorted accoutrements.  We also got new LED light bulbs for the fixtures.
We returned to the condo with our purchases in tow and prepared to prep the bathroom.  Winifred was all ready to assist.  (She does love the ladder.)

First thing we notice was that we'd got the wrong light bulbs.  I was really sure that the lights in my bathroom took the bulbs with the bigger bottoms.  Well, when Natalie got up on the sink to switch them out, it didn't take her long to see the difference.  So she went back to Lowe's for the exchange while I stayed back and cleared out the rest of the room and cleaned off the baseboards.

We started about 2 p.m.   In these pics you can see the brownish beige the walls originally were and Natalie, high on paint fumes! 




At some point during the process, the feline foreperson felt that she could leave the whole thing in our paint-spattered hands, so she wandered off for a nap.




We took a short break for dinner about 5-ish, then the room was finished about 7 p.m.  By the next morning, it was dry and stuff could go back in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment