Friday, September 11, 2009

100 Blogs Down... ??? to Go

This is my 100th blog entry and I thought I'd take this moment to take stock. I began my blogging in September 2007. In the past two years, I have lost a total of seven fish, not including all unnumbered fish progeny. And my father. I don't mean to sound flip, there, it's been a main topic. I've taken Sophie to the vet at least five times for hairballs. I've reviewed more than ten movies and correctly chosen one Oscar winner. I have solemnly shared with the world my addiction to both Webkinz (which has been beat, by the way) and to Farm Town (the jury's still out on that one).

I read a book about a woman who got fired and then got divorced and started a blog for 40-something women starting over in life and subsequently solved a couple of murders (my lifelong goal, BTW). And I went to see Julie and Julia (see my review) about this woman who writes a blog while cooking her way thru Julia Child's book. What I took from these two blog-related items was that I really want to become a famous blogger... and to solve a murder.

However, I'm not sure that my blog is famous blog fodder. After all, I don't see that my blog topics are generally very deep. In fact, I take pride in my general shallowness. I don't read books that have redeeming value - I go more for mysteries with some smut (although there has been a slight detour into vampire romances). I don't enjoy movies with a "point," I go more for movies with explosions and Gerard Butler's abs. I don't enjoy educational television, I tend to watch The Simpsons and music videos. I don't enjoy conversations about the economy or politics or, well, I think you get my point.

So what is my point? Well, I can't promise that my next 100 blogs will be filled with perspicacious insights regarding the economy, religion or politics. But I can promise more stories about me, my cats, my researching a decision to buy a new car in the next year or so, and my move back to W-ville. I'll also try to watch and review as many movies as I can afford to go see and Gerard Butler can make. Also, as Mom and I intend to travel some (once she gets her passport), I will attempt to regale you with stories of my travels and show lots of pictures along the way.

I promise you, my faithful readers, that this will NOT be a blog where I dig deep into my inner emotional thoughts. Instead, I will strive to merely scrape the scabby surface. I will not whine about the things I don't have, or try to figure out what could make me happier with my life. I'm generally a glass is half-full person and I try not to cry over spilt milk. And if there are cookies available to go with that glass of milk, and if I'm wearing my fuzzy bunny slippers with a warm cat by my side, my life is as good as it gets. And I'll be ok with that. My friends, this is the dawn of part deux of Rose's Ramblings. This is.. well, this is going on too long.

Thanks for staying with me this far and feel free to join me for future adventures. Feel free to leave comments - where are you from? how did you find my blog? Nothing thrills my shallow little heart like when I find a comment! And does anyone but me feed the fish?? What's up with that?

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I appreciate your insights and the good information you have shared here. All points are significantly important for me and your article have helped me a great deal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary! I just want to say that I LOVE your blogs as it thoroughly enhances my life! I can't help but laugh and smile everytime I read your blogs.
    I am happy to hear that you have beaten your addiction to Webkinz....I still snicker at the thought that it was I who bought you your first one!
    Sorry, didn't know you could feed the fish. I will feed them everytime I stop by now :o)
    Sarah Smith (Bunker)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your blog may not be a "famous" one, but it makes me smile when I read it! Write on Rosemary, write on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, instead of "the glass is half full" or "half empty," I prefer "the glass is larger than it needs to be." I don't want to hear anything about your scabs, but I am proud of you for spelling perspicacious correctly!

    Let's see, I'm your sister from Indianapolis, Indiana, and you sent me your blog! :-) I also didn't know you could feed the fish.

    ReplyDelete