Monday, April 19, 2010

Bird (Poop) House in Your Soul

So a few months ago, I was asked if I wanted to park in what I lovingly refer to as the "Big Boy Parking Lot."  I waffled.  Until then, I'd parked across the street in the basement of the parking garage. 

 

I considered the pros and cons.  Parking garage pros included the fact that my car was never hot or very cold and there was never a concern about snow or ice.  The only parking garage con was that I had to walk all the way across the street (yes, less than a city block) to get to the car and I'm lazy.

 

Then I considered the pros and cons of the Big Boy Lot.  Cons included that Baby would be hot in the summer and cold in the winter AND that if it snowed or iced during the day, I would have to trot my buns out there and clean my car off before I could go home.  The only real pro was that my car would be closer than it was in the parking garage.

 

My decision was clear.  I moved into the Big Boy Lot.  Now, this was last fall sometime.  I quickly discovered that the spot I was in had had many previous inhabitants, but most, if not all, left because this was known as the "Bird Poop Spot."  True, I washed my car four times in the month of November – more than the previous eight years of my ownership, if the truth be told.  True, I'm saving for a new car, and am going to have to consider getting a shade that looks good with bird poop on it… not sure what color that would be, but hopefully the salesman will have a suggestion there.

 

Then along came Spring.  The tree I park under leafed out (see the pic) and I discovered another lovely pro that I never knew about.  This pic was taken about noon – and you can see Baby is in almost full shade.  By the time I get off work at 5:15, Baby is cool and shady!  Now, when it's 99 degrees this summer (God forbid), the car may be warmish, but I have decided that I can deal with bird poop.  I love the Bird Poop Spot!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment