Friday, September 3, 2010

Betty is Gone. Long Live Clarissa.

Yup, Betty is gone.  And although I had my issues with Betty, personality-wise, I feel sort of bad about her leaving.  First, I gather that her boss… he needs a name… let's call him Dr. Jekyll.  Anyway, I understand that Dr. Jekyll did not make her last month or so here very conducive to her feeling welcome.  But she was here through a temp agency, so she was going to fulfill the three-month contract.  Then her mother had a stroke and she took a couple of weeks off to go be with her… up north somewhere, not sure where.  Then, just when mom got to the point where she could be moved to a rehab facility, and Betty could return to us, mom had another stroke.  So at that point, Betty officially was not coming back.  Frankly, I wouldn't have either.  If my mom has a stroke or anything equally bad, God forbid, I'll be out of here and Steve and Carrie will just have to call me to find their filing and other stuff. 

 

We keep talking about having a going away lunch for Betty, but between making up time for doctors appointments, condo appraisals, meetings with photographers, we haven't been able to find a time for a good portion of the group to be able to take a full lunch hour.  Maybe next week.

 

I sincerely do hope that Betty's mother gets better and that Betty finds a new position some place that his a better fit for her. 

 

That being said, now we get to meet "Clarissa."  I was able to sit in on the get-to-know-her-personality portion of Clarissa's interview with a couple of the other assistants, and we all think we have a winner.  (I was late to the meeting, though, so I'm not sure if anyone discussed her feelings regarding meat.)  She has a teenage daughter and has previously worked for "difficult" attorneys, so she feels dealing with Dr. Jekyll cannot be too different.  Everyone within ear-shot of Dr. Jekyll's office wishes her much success and longevity in this position.
 
As always, I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment