Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Annual Review Time (yeah!)

The HR person at the Firm is gathering input on much needed changes to the form used for annual reviews of support staff.  She sent around a proposed form today and my first thought was, UGH!, these questions might require thought on my behalf (as opposed to the current form which requires none.)  However, after thinking about the questions (ironic, eh?), and since my annual review is underway, I went ahead and filled in my answers.
 
1. List the top three to five highest priorities of your job as you understand them.
1. Supporting Steve and Carrie (i.e. phone, dictation, correspondence, pleadings)
2. Supporting Collection Department
3. Entering time and then (once a quarter or so) filing the freaking time tickets
4. Filing
5. Propagating African Violets
6. Providing M&M's
 
2.  What do you consider to be your greatest strengths or accomplishments this year?  I showed up on time (relatively), performed my job (relatively) with a (relatively) positive attitude and outlook.
 
3.  Complete the following sentence:  I believe I make the greatest contribution to the firm by being the person that almost everyone (attorney and staff member alike) goes to with questions about their job (or life in general), complaints about their job (or life in general), and for M&M's.
 
4.  What could your supervising attorney/s do to help you in your job?  Go on more vacations.
 
5.  What could your co-workers do to help you in your job? 
1. Support Steve and Carrie (i.e. phone, dictation, correspondence, pleadings)
2. Support Collection Department
3. Enter time and then (once a quarter or so) file the freaking time tickets
4. File
5. Propagate African Violets
6. Provide M&M's
 
6.  How could you perform your tasks more efficiently?  From home, in my pajamas.
 
7.  In what area would you like to gain more experience, training or education?  I would like to learn a foreign language (specifically, Spanish, so I know what Ted and Angelli are saying about me when they talk to each other), how to cook like Julia Child, and small engine repair.
 
8.  Complete the following sentence:  I believe my goals and objectives for the coming year should be to show up on time (relatively), perform my job (relatively) with a (relatively) positive attitude and outlook.
 
9.  How do you feel your performance over the past year has contributed to the department you work in and to the Firm?  I provide comic relief in the face of, well, having to work for a living.
 
10.  Do you have any suggestions or comments that you would like to share? 
1. Being able to access my FarmVille farm from my computer, so I could plant quicker growing crops, like raspberries, and not have to depend on my neighbors to provide me with bushels of them, therefore allowing me to make certain products at my spa.
2. Being able to come to work in my pajamas – I think my Sylvester and Tweety robe and the bunny slippers would look very professional.
3. Having the following items provided in the kitchen at all times:
   a. McDonald's sweet tea
   b. Easy Cheese and canned frosting, to dip my pretzels in
   c. fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies
   d. fresh off the grill steak (or veggie burgers for the veggie-tarians)
   e. fresh from the bar margaritas
4. Shorter work week
5. Shorter work days
6. July and December off
7. Hunky cabana boys to serve the aforementioned margaritas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment