Monday, November 17, 2008

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more..." Henry V

I haven't had much time to post lately. I was so happy and rested when I returned from my mini-vaca in September and then it hit the fan and it's been so crazy that I barely have time to think at night. For example - I'm still reading the same book that I started in Charleston, in September. And for anyone who knows me, you know that's just not ME!

So as I said, I get back and all is well. The next week, the woman who did subrogation at my firm went on a vaca. (Memo to self, never go on vaca again.) While she's gone, IT hits the fan and we find out that the client isn't too happy about her, and therefore our, performance. So I, having 10 years experience in Subroland and being its former sovereign, jumped into the breach. Resulting in a nice chunk of OT change for Rose - (hich went to help pay off the souvenir I brought back from Charleston. (BTW, got my annual raise in there, too, so the OT was post raise! :$) Where was I?

Oh, so the girl came back, let's call her BA, and found out about the fan (and what had hit it) - things looked like it would all work out, but then Chris came back. Chris being the partner in charge of the subro client. Chris likes meetings, so he started having meetings with everybody involved and by the end of the day, BA resigned. Sigh.. Remember, there's me with 10 years experience sitting here thinking all is well. I get in on Tuesday morning and find out about the resignation and that I'm going to have to continue life in the breach until we can get someone hired. Chris asked me if I'd like to return to my reign in Subroland and I graciously (as we former royals are wont to be..) said, "No, thank you."

Flash forward to November, no one's been hired. We've reorganized things so that there are three of us doing subro - with me in the lead. (Remember when I graciously told Chris, "No, thank you."? Yeah, I do, too!) I'm still working OT, but not in the vast amounts as before. I'm tired, but the remainder of my life was in balance, so fate decided to pour a little more coal on the fires of my life..

No comments:

Post a Comment