Thursday, November 20, 2008

"This Song has No Title" - Elton John

This week has been busy, still working more OT and coming home exhausted. Although today it occurred to me that since dad was in the hospital, we're having Thanksgiving down here this year instead of in Indy like was originally planned, and since mom doesn't have room for everyone to sleep at her house, the three teenage neices stay with me, and since I'm having guests who might not appreciate staying in a pig sty, someone ought to work on cleaning my apartment. I came home from work tonight and instead of turning on the tube (Must See TV, you know...) I put on my bat boppers (don't ask) and I've been doing laundry and herding dust bunnies. A couple members of the herd tried to break loose from the pack at one point, but I caught'em. Ok, I've been writing this blog for the last few, and I checked my email, and I wrestled with Sophie as I put clean sheets on my bed, but I've been working, too. Honest!

Anyway, one more day this week, then the weekend. Hopefully we'll all survive it. Me, I don't know. I'm afraid that I raised enough dust this evening that I may be attacked by the ghosts of dust buffalo all night. Where's the Benedryl??

My plans for the weekend include, in this order, Friday evening with the Cluck. I can tell you about them later; Saturday morning, an oil change - we're bordering on 5,000 miles here; go to Wadesville and help clean mom's house for T-day weekend; come back home and attack another room of my place. Somewhere in there, assuming Ho and Ha get me the grocery list, I'll be shopping for T-day weekend, and I really ought to get any remaining Indianapolis-bound Christmas presents bought so I can send them all back to Indy with Ho and Ha. And I wouldn't mind seeing the new James Bond film. Is it any wonder that I'm still reading the same book I started in September? And I STILL haven't watched that Netflix movie!

I'm going to finish blanket-a-fying my bed and hit the pillow. g'night.

1 comment: