Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Christmas . . .

Well, technically, it's the afternoon before Christmas, and all is relatively quiet in the house. Except for the cats who are doing laps. I took a half day at work today, had a nice lunch with my fiend Kathy, bought one last final gift, and thought I'd sit down for a few before ousting Sophie from my overnight bag, so I can pack my warm fuzzies and Teddy, so I can go out to Wadesville for Christmas Eve/Day with the 'Rents.

The last couple of years, I AND the cats have gone out to Wadesville for Christmas, but last year seemed to be overly traumatic for Gizmo, so I figured my present to them this year would be that I'd let them stay home for the holidays. Besides, carting their litter box around is quite a chore.

So far this has been a very nice Christmas. I and most all of my friends decided to give each other time for Christmas. Becky and I went out for a nice dinner together and then over to her new home for a nice long chat. Jennifer and I went out for Garlic Chicken - in our continuing quest for the perfect Garlic Chicken - and shopping. Kathy and I had a nice sit down lunch today. Since none of us really NEED anything, this way we all got something we wanted, and the sizes and colors were perfect!

Yesterday I gave Steve (Boss #1) his present - a Pittsburgh Steelers Mr. Potato Head - he's a Steelers fan, duh. And I think it was well received. He immediately went into his office and put it together - it's sitting on his desk. I gave Carrie (Boss #2) her present - a beautiful snowglobe - today. So the only gifts I have left to give are for mom and dad. Christmas is really hard on me. I'm one of those weirdos who, after getting a gift for someone, HATES having to wait to give it to them. I've had Steve's Mr. Potato Head wrapped and under my desk for 3 weeks and it's been horrible... well, he was in Baltimore for a good part of that, but once he came back it was horrible!! :)

Well, I've rambled long enough. I suppose I should oust Sophie and pack my toys into my little red wagon and head west. Although I feel sort of guily leaving the kids here by themselves. I know they'll be happier.

I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment