Saturday, January 3, 2009

Marley and Me?

On New Year’s Eve afternoon, the office closed a couple of hours early, so I, not having any plans for New Year’s Eve other than watching some tube with the livestock, decided to go see a movie. I was waffling between going to see Four Christmases and Marley and Me. I’d heard that both were good movies, and although I’m not keen on either Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson (I think it’s that weird nose of his that bothers me), I was equally interested in both. I left it up to whichever movie started next when I got to the theater. That was Marley and Me.


I arrived about 35 minutes before the showing, but I had my trusty smutty book in my purse, so I was prepared for the wait. I’m standing in front of the door watching the people from the previous showing leave, and every one of them had obviously been crying. That’s ok, although I’d not read the book, I had been told what happens to one of the main characters, so I’d put a gob of tissues in my purse. Wait, they weren’t there! Sigh. So I trotted out to the snack area and grabbed some napkins. I’m ready.

The movie was very enjoyable. And I bawled like a baby. In fact, I was glad that there weren’t too many people sitting too near me, because the sobs probably would have been too loud for them. But at least I wasn’t the only one. A couple of rows in front of me there were at least 6 retired-looking people, and they were all crying too. I went home, after picking up some Garlic Chicken (extra spicy) and Crab Rangoon from Yen Ching’s, and cuddled with my babies on the couch to ring in the New Year. I’m not quite sure how one deals with the loss of a pet/companion. But praise God! I shouldn’t have to worry about that for a while.

Anywho! To sum up: Marley and Me good, but bring tissues. Yen Ching’s Garlic Chicken good, but have a big ol’ glass of ice water handy, as it’s spicy. Dying pets BAD.
Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment