Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bob (it's as good a title as any)

Monday night I weighed in for Weight Watchers. Tuesday is my normal weigh-in night, but Steve (Boss #1) wanted me to attend some seminar at the clerk's office from 4:45-5:45 and I couldn't do both, so I choose Monday night. And for the results... (drum roll please) ... I'd lost 6 lbs! Ok, I know this is just the first week, and yeah a big part of it was probably water loss, but I was very happy. VERY happy! :)

It wasn't an easy first week, either. I started it, as planned, but without having anything even remotely healthly in my cupboard/fridge, which wasn't planned. So it's 6pm, I get home from work, tired, and I have to figure out what to eat. Frankly, by Friday, I was ready to quit and I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut. Albeit, it was a Veggie Lover's, but still. One slice of a large Veggie Lover's is 5 pts. Not bad, and I could have 2 slices. By the end of the night, I'd eaten the whole thing and blown my entire week's allowance of points to blow! But I still lost weight!

Saturday morning, I woke up with a new attitude. I went to the grocery store and Sams, bought a bunch of fresh veggies, decided I couldn't wait for the farmer's market over on St. Joseph Avenue to open up for the season and made a mental note to call and find out when they open. (Note: at this point, I'm reminded that I've never called. sigh.. being 40 is a bitch!)

Also, I bought me an ipod - a cute bright purple one and I've been working on converting my considerable music library over onto it. (Still not finished, but we're on the homestretch.) The idea is that since I had to cancel my membership to Curves, I need to get out walking. Which I did twice (Friday and Sunday).

And did I mention that Wednesday was "Administrative Professionals" day and the firm catered in lunch? And the attorneys brought in desserts? Yeah, technically, my blow away points were probably wasted on the turtle ice cream pie and the apple pie. Sigh. But the point is I still lost weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment