Sunday, May 3, 2009

Of Swine Flu, Housework, and Rose

It is a crisp 63 degrees as I write this on Sunday afternoon. The bunnies are playing in the backyard, and the next door neighbor is mowing his lawn, so I don't have to compete with the cats to look out my windows. Although what with all the smudgy nose and paw prints on the windows, I might as well. I guess Windexing this window is on my list of to-dos for the day.

Yesterday I did laundry and cleared my bedroom of a herd of dust buffalo from under the bed. Sophie and Gizmo enjoy it when I clean because I uncover a world of toys that they've lost from under the dressers, the bed, etc. So this morning I awoke to the glorious sound of Giz playing with a plastic milk ring on the hardwood floor right at my bed. The whole apartment is hardwood floor and, therefore, tons-o-fun to play milk rings on, but no, he has to play right at my head. Didn't bother me at all when I heard the lawn mower start and he made a run for sanctuary behind the fridge. haha!

I'm not feeling at that great at the moment. I had a sore throat and slight fever yesterday evening. I woke up this am and decided against going to church. It was a guest speaker anyway, so I chose to do my napping in bed. I woke up again, post nap, about half-way through a History Channel show on the kidnapping of Lincoln's body, feeling somewhat better. So I forced myself out of bed to go see what I could do about the other half of the house. I don't think I have the swine flu, despite the title of the blog, I just have the chilly-weather sinus-y gakky throat.

This coming weekend is Mother's Day, and the Sibs are coming down and one of them and her daughter will be staying with me. So at a minimum, I'll go in and brush the carpet to get up some cat hair. Oh! That reminds me, there was this priceless pic on the cheeseburger site and I think I could easly reinact it after brushing the carpet. The cat even looks a little like Sophie.
Oh! Heavens! Somebody make a note of the day and time! Gizmo just came out from behind the fridge to join us in the bedroom! Personally, I think he falls asleep back there, because the lawn mowing neighbor has been done for at least an hour.. he doesn't have THAT big of a lawn! And the silly boy waited long enough before emerging that the frolicing bunnies are gone.
The diet's gone pretty good this week. I haven't gone out and walked any, but likewise, I've done well. Well, except for Friday - over my lunch hour, I went to Joann's to get a gnome as a graduation present for Niece #3 who is graduating high school this year. And I took my dining out book so I could get something to eat. I decided on nuggets and iced tea from McD's. A 10 piece nuggets is 10 points and iced tea is free, as long as it's unsweet. So the first temptation came when, after explicitly ording UNsweet tea, the girl put sweet tea on the monitor. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE SWEET TEA, expecially McD's sweet tea!! But I'm proud to say that I was able to overcome that temptation and told her kindly that it was supposed to be UNsweet tea. So far so good. I pay, I get my food, and I drive off thinking "I wonder if they'd have put in a fry or two if I asked them to." As I'm back on the road, I start thinking, man those nuggets smell like fries - I figure they're all cooked in the same oil. I stick my hand in and I'll be damned if there wasn't a package of fries in there. This would be your classic blessing/curse situation. I decided that I'd just eat 2 fries and pitch the rest. Needless to say, before I got back to the office, the nuggets AND the fries were history! However, with a nice big ol'healthy (mostly point-free) salad for dinner, I did not go over in my points for the day.
Which was good because yesterday was my fiend Becky's bridal shower, being thrown at a Chinese restaurant. And let me just say that there was nothing on the (already set) menu that was low in points. I ended up eating most of my points for the day AND my blow away points for the week. But the shower was nice and the food was delicious, and she got a lot of nice loot!
Well, my handsome boy wants to lounge on the desktop here, so I guess I'll close and let him have the desk. Although I've already told him he missed the bunnies. I need to go brush the carpet anyway (and make my test cat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment