Friday, May 22, 2009

Weighing in on Rose

I'll just come out with it. I gained a pound when I weighed in on Tuesday. I was bummed, I'll admit it. But I realize that sometimes where are small gains, but what is important is that the general direction is toward the loss side. So I'm ok. I didn't come home and eat an entire lasagna, although lasagna does sound good. hmm.. lasagna.. mmmm...

I know that one of the important parts of weight management is exercise, and I had every intention to start walking. That's why I bought the ipod, remember? But the shoes I had were not conducive to comfy walking. So I talked to Becky, who has footie problems, and found out what type of shoes she has (she has New Balance shoes, BTW) and went home to balance my checkbook and see if I had the fundage to pay for me some new shoes. After all, these good walking shoes were going to be more expensive than the $12 shoes that I got from Wal-Mart at least 5 years ago!

I balanced the old checkbook and was pleased to find that, thanks to an extra pay check this month, I had enough to go shopping, but I didn't want to go to the Shoe Carnival without a coupon, and I don't have a printer at home, so I figured I'd print me a coupon at work the next day and go shopping after work! A man, a plan, a canal! Speaking of a plan, I mentioned on my Facebook page that I was going to go to the Shoe Carnival the next day, and a friend told me that they were having a Friends and Family sale this coming weekend and that I could get 30% off my purchase if I waited. So, DUH!, I decided to wait.

This morning, taking the day off for a much deserved and highly anticipated four-day weekend, I woke up, watched some Reba on the Lifetime Network, and then went to Shoe Carnival. The only problem that I encountered was that a) I have long feet and 2) I have wide feet, so it's not easy to find big and wide shoes, but I was able to eek out a lovely pair of New Balance shoes that fit my fabulous flippers and wandered up to check out. Like the spy I always wanted to be, I slyly gave the code words for the sale and I saved maor bucks on my shoes! It was so fun, I don't know, maybe I'll even go back and buy some more before the sale is over!

Anyway, this evening before sunset, I put on my new shoes, put my ipod on shuffle, and headed out for a trot around the neighborhood. I even headed over to UE and walked around campus. I can't believe how it's changed since I graduated from there 18 years ago. I've lived here for going on almost 3 years and this was the first time I've taken advantage of my proximity to the campus. I'll have to do this more often.

2 comments:

  1. yeah it can be hard to find wide shoes, luckily http://drewshoe.com has a wide variety of shoes for people with abnormal feet such as wide feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, not gonna comment on the suggestion that wide feet are abnormal, here. :)

    ReplyDelete