Monday, May 11, 2009

Weighing In on the Weekend

Last week was rough. Steve (Boss #1) was trying to get a lot of stuff done before leaving on vacation. We had a summary judgment motion/brief to get out, and a big mediation to get ready for. In fact, I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but when I realized that he was going to be gone for not one, but TWO weeks, I got my second wind! Whoo hoo! Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of stuff to do in his absence, and Carrie (Boss #2) is still there, but still it should be less stressful... as long as I remember to Tivo 24 and Lost for him while he's gone!

Anyway, then along came the weekend - Mother's Day weekend! The Sibs and Niece #1 came down to visit. Dad had a rough week and the weekend started rough too. But by noon on Saturday, he was feeling better. I mowed the lawn, bopping around on the riding mower with my ipod. Ho weed-whacked, and Ha attacked a couple of big bushes with the choppers. By the end of the afternoon, the place looked picture perfect.

The diet wasn't exactly followed, not with a big ol'bowl of potato salad, a Cajun pork roast straight off the rotissere, and a German chocolate cake for dinner! It was Goo-oo-ood, even if I ended up using all my extra points for the week and more! We wanted to take mom out to dinner for Mother's Day, but were concerned about leaving Dad alone, so Haley suggested that we get a bucket of chicken (those of you who've read about my feelings regarding KFC won't be surprised that I firmly suggested Grandy's) and fixin's and have a picnic on the front porch. We wheeled Dad out in his chair, brought the living room table outside, and set out quite a feast. Even Merle graced us with his presence. Haley snuck him a wee bit of chicken now and then and everyone was happy.

A happy weekend was had by all the mothers in our little group. Mom with her three girls. Ho NOT having to deal with her two kids. Ha with her oldest alone at home, the youngest in Honduras with Ed, and the middle one with us. Me and my two adorable kitties napping with me after everyone went home. Hopefully it was a Happy Mother's Day for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment