Thursday, August 27, 2009

To Be (Blonde) or Not to Be (Blonde)

Ok, for those who have known me for a while, you know that during the last seven months, I stopped coloring my hair. It wasn't a conscious decision, it was just that since Dad was sick, I didn't take the time, or it just didn't occur to me, to color my hair. I've been very ambivalent about the change. Frankly, once I realized what was happening, I could have done something to halt it, but I was intrigued to see what my natural hair color would be, since I'd been a Garnier Nutresse #100 for the past 15 years.

I had to get my driver's license renewed in July, and when the woman at the BMV asked if anything had changed in the hair, eyes, height, and weight categories, I spent more time considering my answer to the hair question than on the weight question - where my answer was a lie in 1985 when I first gave it. Is my hair blonde?

I think it looks ok the way it currently looks. There is definite gray/silver in there, and that doesn't bother me. It's the underlying tone of ... what? Is it dark blonde? or light brown? My friend Becky thinks that the color of her hair affects how people perceive her mood to be. Maybe Bonnie would stop making thinly-veiled comments about my mood if I went back to being a blonde. (I'm not in a bad mood, damn it!)

Last night, I went to Factory Card Outlet and bought me a pirate treasure chest lunch box to set on my desk and use as a candy dish for September - as September 17th is Talk Like a Pirate Day - and the cashier gave me a senior citizen discount! Again, for those who know me, my age doesn't bother me, never has. But I'm guessing she wasn't sure and their policy is probably when in doubt give the discount. And since it saved me $1.35 on my lunchbox, I was ok with it in general. But in specific, I'm thinking it was the hair. So I need some feedback - do I go back to being a blonde? I've put two pictures of me in here - one as my hair is currently and one from when it was definitely blonde. Can I have some input?

No comments:

Post a Comment