Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Position Available

I have the sad responsibility to pass along the info that my foremost foreign fan (yep, Rose knows how to use a thesaurus) has returned to the States and she is, in fact, now bad in the Tri-State area.  Yes, due to Heather's wimpy-ness, I no longer have an International Blog readership.  (At least that I know of.)  I guess that makes her my formerly foremost foreign fan! 
 
So, I'm happy to announce that I will be taking offers to fill the vacancy left by Heather.  The only requirement is that you 1) live in a foreign country – Kentucky does not count; b) read my blog regularly; and lastly, have a mutual friend pass along the fact that you LOVE my blog to me occasionally.  Unfortunately, this is not a paid position, other than the obvious joy gained from reading Rose's Ramblings regularly.
 
My nephew, Duncan, has volunteered for the position.  However, he currently resides with me and Mom and while I don't go up there very often, I don't think the upstairs bedroom qualifies as a foreign country.  I'm pretty sure, though, that Winifred would gladly secede from the Condo with Duncan if he chose to do so.  Although that might not be a wise alliance on her part, as there is no food or water up there.
 
Duncan also would not qualify as I don't think he is a regular Ramblings reader.  That stumbling block can be easily overcome, though, and we have plenty of mutual friends (mostly his mother and sister – although I don't think he'd call his sister a "friend.") so he has potential.  His availability to fill the position and therefore move to a foreign country probably depends on how well he does at USI this year.  If he passes, he may be moving into the dorms next year, which, while down the road a wee bit, still doesn't count as a foreign country.  If he doesn't do so well, his parents may help him pack his hobo sack and he can hit the road with his passport.
 
So until final grades come in, I will assume the best and continue my search for Heather's replacement.  Now, I realize that the silent majority of my fanbase may contain a foreign fan.  I am well aware that Blogspot does not make it convenient to post comments on their blogs and I'm too lazy to investigate moving it.  But if you're out there, feel free to let me know.  The position is yours for the taking.  And you will get a shout out!  I like to give my peeps their proper!  (Yes, I'm very white and in my 40's so I'm totally lame.)
 
So to sum up:  Must live outside the US, read my blog, and shower praise on me via a mutual friend (or I suppose Facebook praises would work, too) and all for the whopping sum of NO DOLLARS.  The dollar isn't worth much at the moment any way!

No comments:

Post a Comment