Thursday, October 6, 2011

Status Update

I know that the blog-fans... Ramblers?... hmm... I'll have to come up with a name for you.  Anyway, I know that those of you who are NOT on Facebook.  Ok, probably just Becky.  Asks for photographic updates on my progress periodically because they (Becky) do not get to see the pics on FB. 
 
So the above picture was taken this morning.  Yesterday was Week 23 (1 week away from 6 months! - assuming my math is correct...)  And I'm at 98 pounds.  Frankly, I've been there for a couple of weeks, but it's ok.  I'm feeling great.  Still doing my walk/jogging despite it being DARK in the mornings when I get ready to set out. 
 
I actually purchased (because yes, they fit... VERY tightly, but they fit) size 14/16 pants a couple of weeks ago.  I ought to try them on again to see how they fit now. 
 
I have no warm sweaters and I get cold easily since I've lost a lot of insulation.  So I'm either going to have to go shopping for sweaters or raid Mom's closet, or both!
 
I've been letting my hair grow out, because I want to see what I'll look like skinny and with long blond hair.  (Remember, I grew up in the 70's, so Farrah Fawcett is there in the back of my mind and I want to look like her!)  But with the hair loss (and I confirmed this with my doctor) and the protein loss over the whole Scotland/appendix event, my hair is of a straw-like texture, so I had mom chop off a couple of inches of crappy scarecrow hair and now it's looking pretty good.  I have bangs that, when they hang straight, go to my lips!  Maybe by the end of the year they'll be even with the rest of it!
 
Ok, so that's my update at the moment.  I've settled nicely into my routine, getting all of my protein, calcium and vitamins in.  I struggle daily with getting enough liquids in, but that'll probably be the usual from now on.
 
Almost six months in, I'm very happy with my progress and have NO regrets from my surgery.  I appreicate everyone's prayers for me, interest in my progress, and compliments.  I'm pretty sure I will NEVER get tired of hearing how good I'm looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment