Friday, May 7, 2010

Blackie - R.I.P.

Unfortunately, not all good stories have a happy ending.  Mom took Blackie to the vet and the first thing they did was a Feline Leukemia/AIDS test, and he failed the AIDS part.  So they will be putting Blackie to sleep today.  He provided an entertaining week for mom and me and although this isn't a happy ending per se, it's for the best.

 

Of course, Feline AIDS is highly contagious, so now we'll need to take everyone else to the vet to make sure all are well.  And mom plans on scrubbing the porch, carriers and food bowls down with bleach this afternoon. 

 

I had been planning on getting Gizmo in to the vet for a well check anyway, now that Sophie is all well, so I've made an appointment to take him in tomorrow and will have them do a test to be sure.  Meanwhile, I'll also get to take Merle and Winifred in for testing and shots. 

 

I'm going to assume that during all of Sophie's ordeal earlier this year they tested her.  I'll confirm that with the vet, but that's my assumption until told otherwise. 

 

Either way, tomorrow will be an exciting day for Rose.  The best part is that if I'm busy taking cats to various vets, I won't be at home weed-eating more of the lawn!


No comments:

Post a Comment