Monday, June 7, 2010

iPhone, Therefore I Am

Apologies to Descartes for the misappropriation of his famous epiphany, but I saw this in a cartoon online and found it funny.  Frankly, I was looking for cute cartoon to post with this blurb, but no luck - they all seemed to be making some social commentary about people being more interested in their iPhones than the fact that there are people starving in Africa.  None of them really expressed the joie de vivre with which I was filled upon hearing today's announcement that the new iPhone will be out on June 24th!!
 
You will recall from previously blog entries, that Rose wants an iPhone.  Well, Rose's mom generally gives Rose hard cash for her birthday, so Rose confirmed that this would again be the plan and after confirming that funding was forthcoming, Rose proceeded to bubble in unbridled anticipation for Apple to get off the stick and make the announcement of when the new one would be out.  After all, no point in getting the current model if a newer better model will be out in a couple of months, eh?  Unfortunately, the unbridled anticipation has been wearing a wee bit thin lately because, DUH!  ROSE WANTS AN iPHONE! 
 
I'm already contemplating whether or not I should take the 24th off.  Let's face it, I'm not going to get any work done that day.  Say I plan on getting it over my lunch hour, well, the hours before the lunch hour will be sheer agony and I'll be sitting here pretending to work while in fact I will be watching the clock, praying that the store doesn't run out before I get there... sigh...  And then after I get it, I'm not going to work, I'll sit here and pretend to work all the while playing with it.  So in an attempt to preserve the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed (not to mention paying for the monthly data charges), I probably ought to just count the day as a loss and plan on taking off.
 
I have to point out the irony (you know, like goldy and bronzy, only made of iron) at my anticipation over a new  phone.  Everyone (especially my devoted readers - Hi! Heather, Becky and Steve!) knows that I HATE talking on the telephone.  My heart is filled with dread everytime I sense my boss (a different Steve) working around to having me call someone for something.  So let's face it, the phone part of the iPhone is totally inconsequential to Rose.  But I plan on being able to update my Facebook status anytime, day or night!  And Apple also announced that Farmville will be available on the iPhone by the end of the month, so I can work on my farm anytime, day or night! 
 
Rose is SO excited!!   

1 comment: