Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Indiana's Primary - May 6th

Ok, so like for the first time since I remember, the presidential candidates may not be already decided before the Indiana primary. Of course, I realize that, as I'm typing this, people are voting in the Pennsylvania primary and it may all be moot by the end of the day. I'm sort of undecided. I'm rather a-political. I don't consider myself one way or the other, although if pinned down I'm independent with sort of conservative leanings. But then I have unconservative leanings too. Basically I waffle. Ummm... waffles...

Anyway, a few of weeks ago, Hillary Clinton came to town. She spoke at one of the local high schools. I didn't care. I can't explain why, I just don't like her. She's shifty.

But last night, I heard on the news that Barack Obama was coming to town tonight to speak at Roberts Stadium.. with musical guest John Mellencamp. Now first I find this amusing that Clinton speaks at a high school with what? maybe a 1,000 people? And Obama is speaking at the Stadium with the potential of probably 15,000, I don't know how many it seats. So I'm inclined to go. To hear what he has to say. I've really only heard the soundbites on The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, so the responsible thing is to listen, right? But this morning, they announce that the doors won't even open until 7:30 pm, and you know he'll be late, Hillary was over an hour late, 'cause he'll be coming from Pennsylvania. So it would be a late evening, and I'm a slug. I like to be in bed by 9:30 pm so I can turn the lights out and go to sleep at 10:00 pm!

They're saying it'll be televised - I'm not sure where... hopefully CNN since that's the only cable news network I get. And why is CNN the only news channel I get? with the last cable company, I had more news channels than I had sports channels and it felt like I had a million of them! Where was I? Oh, so I'm thinking I'll watch it on CNN, either that or watch TV Land and munch on some waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment