Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just watching the bunnies and thinking about the week so far...

As I'm sitting here writing this, there are FIVE big ol' bunny rabbits hopping around the back yard, having a good old time. My cats, as usual, are missing it because they're asleep on the couch. Silly wabbits... uh.. cats.

This has been a busy week. Of course the party was Sunday, and it took a lot out of us. Monday, I required an IV of Diet Mountain Dew in order to make it through the day and I still had trouble keeping my eyes open! But never fear, I finally made it home and to bed.

Woke up Tuesday feeling much better and ready for the work week. Uh.. I hope my bosses didn't notice that I basically phoned in my performance the day before. Oh well!

One of the attorneys at my office was giving away his tickets for the Mannheim Steamroller performance Wednesday evening at the Centre in Evansville. I nabbed a paid and mom and I went. We had no clue what to expect, but it was very enjoyable. I'd only heard their Christmas music before, but I enjoyed it, so I figured it would be good, and it was. Although some of the videos they showed to accompany the music were rather offbeat.

When I got home after the show, I had to make brownies and a cheeseball because Thursday (today) was (is) Steve (boss #1)'s birthday. Since he'd previously fallen off a roof, and this week he broke a pinky toe, I figured we better make the most out of this birthday because the boy may not be destined to have too many more. And I'm glad we did. He's sort of quiet, and he probably would rather I ignored his birthday entirely, but I just can't! And my cheeseball was a BIG hit. Several requests for the recipe and people who generally don't even know where the second floor is came out of the woodwork looking for it! Such fun. Although to be honest, the recipe is one I obtained from Arlene (don't recall her last name) who was the receptionist at Bamberger when I first started there. She retired shortly thereafter, but she gave me her cheeseball recipe and now it is know world-wide (or at least in the Barger family) as Rosemary's Famous Cheeseball! It was gone in a little over an hour... and I'm wishing I still had some to munch on. Hmm.

Well it's getting dark, the bunnies are hopping off and the cats are waking up. It's that just the way it is? Tomorrow is Friday and I get to leave work early because Jennifer and I are going to go see the new Gerard Butler movie, Nim's Island. I'll report back on it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment