Monday, March 31, 2008

The Party's Over...

Yesterday was our 50th Anniversary party for my parents at our church. I think we done good. I say we, but frankly they, the 'Rents, did quite a lot of it. Dad prepared his power point slide show, which went over very well. Mom handled ordering the cake and getting party supplies. So I mean the global "we".

Some of dad's sisters and their families came up from Southern Illinois, and two of mom's sisters were there. Although one of them got the time wrong and came a little late, but better than never, and they got there in time for cake! :) Either way, I know it meant a lot to both mom and dad to have them come.

The sisters and I had fun going and picking up the cake, flowers, balloons, and other last minute accoutrement! I think the woman in the floral department at Schnucks was very entertained by our sisterly bickering. Although I was morally outraged by the price of those flowers!

Anyway, a grand time was had by most, if not all, and I'm very happy for mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment