Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday, yeah!?

I went to bed last night after watching the weather report warning that in the next 30 hours we should get 4-8 inches of snow. Which brings to mind the fact that all throughout last night's episode of Lost, the show was scrunched up into a box while the crawler underneath listed weather warnings. My question is... WHY? The storm wasn't even supposed to hit until after midnight. I think our local ABC affiliate just goes overboard. As for the "enhanced" reairing of last week's episode, forget about it. All the enhancements were UNDER the crawler, so you couldn't even read it. ARGH!

Where was I? Oh, snow.. I'm okay with snow. I think it's beautiful and fun to play in. I don't even mind driving in it, as long as there isn't a foot of ice underneath it. But I woke up to barely a dusting... I know, it's supposed to come OVER the next 30 hours, not over night. However, I like immediate gratification.
Despite the fact that there's almost NO snow outside, every school system in the greater Evansville area has closed. As of right now, there's still very little outside, and the kids would have been home long ago. If I were a parent of human children (as opposed to my feline children) and they'd have made me make alternative arrangements for the kids because of this, I'd be cheesed... (probably a nice sharp Cheddar.)

So I get to work. Steve (Boss #1) is still out until Monday. And Carrie (Boss #2) is generally always out on Fridays. With this week having been unusually frantic, all things considered, I decided to go slow and easy today. All I really had to do was enter new accounts for the collection department into the collection software system. But then that turned out to be the part of the problem... ALL I had to do was enter accounts. So, I'm bored. At 10:16 am, approximately 7 hours after I started work at 8:15 a.m., an email came through from the partners saying that they would be providing pizza for lunch due to the bad weather. The pizza came from Turoni's which is arguably the best non-chain pizza place in Evansville. Since I'm poor, my personal motto is Nunquam renuo solvo victus or 'Never refuse free food.' (Our family's motto is: Nunquam verto down an vicis utor retineo or 'Never miss an opportunity to use the restroom.') Anyway, this gave us something to look forward to. Unfortunately it took another 5 hours and 23 minutes until the pizza arrived at 12:15 pm.

As expected the pizza was primo and the company was mostly made up of lawyers, but the pizza made up for it! :) And I'm proud to say that I did NOT eat so much that I was ill, so I was raring to zoom through the afternoon and get this weekend on the road! That must've been yesterday.. because it STILL is not 5pm. Yes, I'm writing this at work. But I'm BORED and it's been a rough week. I helped one of the attorneys get an emergency filing out the door, but now I'm waiting for 5pm. And we still don't have much more than a healthy dusting of snow out there. There goes my dream of making a snowman in the yard when I got home. Fortunately, since I brought my lunch in today, I can take it home and have it for dinner, so that's taken care of. But speaking of that, I better go get it out of the fridge so I dont' forget it. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment