Thursday, March 6, 2008

But I'm feeling much better now..

The quote in the title has always been one of my favorite lines from John Astin's character on the 1980s sitcom Night Court. His character was a former mental patient who somehow (I can't remember exactly how) turned out to be Judge's father. He would wax on about some weird/strange episode from his past, but then he'd give this googly-eyed grin and say "But I'm feeling much better now."
Anyway, this week has been rough for me... emotionally and otherwise. But I'm feeling much better now. (Imagine googly-eyed grin here.) First there is the return of my father's prostate cancer. I'm fully back in ostrich-mode though. Dad did have an appointment with a chemo doctor for tomorrow afternoon, but there is 3-6 inches of snow in the forecast, so he called and rescheduled it for next Friday. So I have a whole week to ostrich on this thing. Although I do plan on googling and getting a wee bit of info before the appointment in preparation. Also, since the appointment is pushed off, they went ahead and called my sisters last night. I can't say why, but just knowing that they know makes me feel tremendously better. Like a weight off my shoulders. Sigh.. :)
So another crazy thing that's been going on this week is... Steve, my boss, fell off his roof ! I know! When he called in Monday morning and told me he wasn't coming in because he'd been in an accident, I envisioned car accident. But no, he was up on the roof over the weekend (we had BEAUTIFUL weather over the weekend), cutting tree branches and when he went to come back down, somehow he ended up falling into some bushes. Now he really could have been injured a lot worse than he was, but as it is, he fractured his eye socket and had a gash on his forehead. Fortunately his eye is fine, but he's been in some pain this week, and has been taking Lortab. I could tell something was different when he called on Monday and we had the longest phone conversation we've had in the 7 1/2 years I've worked with him. The man is not generally a Chatty Cathy, but on drugs he's been downright effusive! Not that his injuries are in any way funny, but we've had more than one chuckle over it. For example one of the attorneys here asked him if he could help with some roof repairs. Someone else told him that she could recommend a good tree trimmer. He's been at home, high on life and Lortab and I swear the man has kept me busier via the phone and email than he has lately in person!
And I get to leave early today to burn off the time I'd banked in advance to take off to go with dad to his appointment tomorrow, so that's a good thing! I thought about leaving early tomorrow, but it occurred to me that on the off chance that we really do get 3-6 inches of snow and the firm closes early, I'd get screwed out of those extra hours - and we don't want that to happen. Besides, I can go home and prepare the house for tonight's new episode of Lost!!
Anywho, between time, good friends and their prayers, I am in fact feeling much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment