Friday, February 12, 2010

I Laminate, Therefore I Am

Apologies to Descartes for the title, here. We have a laminating machine at our office, and there is one attorney, who shall remain nameless, since I like my paycheck, who has his assistant laminate all sorts of crap (newspaper articles and such) and then he'll mail it to the people mentioned in the article with a note of congratulations. I assume it's a marketing tool. We jokingly call his assistant the "Laminating Queen." Doesn't really matter that assistants come and go, whoever his assistant is, she is the Laminating Queen.

Well, my point here is that Greg, one of the attorneys I've had the great fortune to work with (and I cannot say that about all of the attorneys I've worked with over the past 19 years), just came through asking us if we'd teach him how to laminate. The boy (I can call him that, he's 8 years younger than me - not to mention his child-like view on the world) was downright giddy at the prospect.

I asked Steve if he was feeling the urge to learn how to laminate, since I didn't want him feel left out or anything. He said that he was good in his ignorance re: laminating.

Just now, Greg bopped back downstairs from the laminator and he's proudly waving his first laminating job in the air for all to see. Ah, kids.. so easily entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment