Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vacation Blog '10 - Day Three

Today we woke up about 9:30 - although I miss my fluffy babies, it is SO nice not to be awoken by them at the butt-crack of dawn (generally with a butt in the face!) Actually, it was housekeeping rap-tap-tapping on our chamber door that woke us up. As Natalie scrubbed a days-worth of skank from her limbs, I took my bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch out on the balcony and communed with the waves from the 8th floor.

We got our towels, Gnarley's bucket, my book, our ipods and phones and trotted out to the beach. The wind was very chilly and our nakie footies on the cold sand and then in the cold water made it imperative that the morning's walk be cut short. But not so short that we don't have fodder for today's Dear Tom!

But first, Tom's response regarding yesterday's question. He says that the "nasty looking pile of goo was (sic) the beginning of a new mountain range." With answers like this, we may have to rethink our faith in Tom's knowledge. But on to today's question...

Dear Tom,

We found these weird shells on the beach. What are they from?


P.S., you'll note from the Dominos box, that I'm making sure your daughter is eating well.

Back to the day - Natalie and I headed out for a wee bit of shopping therapy and when we got back, found Gnarley on the balconey with evidence of a wee bit of debauchery. So, of course we joined in.

Then after a little computer research and pixelating magic by Natalie, we set out to David's Gallery to get me my Scarlet Pimpernel tattoo. For those of you who know the story, back in the 80's there was a made for TV movie of the Scarlet Pimpernel with Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour in it. I loved the movie and since we had it taped, we watched it over and over, memorizing dialogue. ("Sink me." "Gone to the north country in the middle of the night? How bizarre." "They seek him here, they seek him there, those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven? or is he in hell? GASP! That damned illusive Pimpernel!") Finally Dad put his foot down and made us tape over the movie. But it was a 3 hour movie! So first, say they taped an hour long show over it, well, when we finished watching that show, we'd watch the last 2 hours of the Scarlet Pimpernel. :) Finally, we were down to just the last 15 minutes. We watched that 15 minutes over and over again, until finally Dad just recorded over the whole 6 hour tape!

I now have the movie on DVD and watch it every so often for nostalgia! So minutes after getting my first tattoo, (see blog dated Sept 2008), I KNEW that my next tattoo had to be a scarlet pimpernel. Of course, then I got sidetracked by the cat tattoo that I needed to complete my paw prints (Feb 2009). But I'm here, with wee bit-o-discretional fundage, so we were off!


After what seemed like forever, we finally left. Me with a sore spot on my upper boobage. And we were starving, as we hadn't had anything to eat since the Peanut Butter Crunch mid-morning. So we headed to Lamberts Cafe (Home of the Throwed Roll). The grammar there gave Natalie considerable pause, but I'm thinking she enjoyed it as we both all but had to be rolled out of the restaurant. We came back to the hotel and Natalie surfed the web while I watched Lost. So now that Lost is over, I'm thinking it's time for bed. Natalie continues to surf, but my eyeballs are tired. The forecast for tomorrow is showers and high of 40, so I sense a day of indoor relaxation. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Lamberts Cafe! Shawna and I would eat there occasionally when we were in college.

    ReplyDelete