Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Vacation Blog '10 - Day Four

First, I woke up at a tad before 10AM!! Let me just say that this is not like me. But it sure is nice. The high today is supposed to be in the 40's and rainy. It isn't rainy, but as I stick my head out on the balcony, it sure is chilly! I've made the decision that late-March is good, but late February is cold! Yikes!

However, there are no regrets to my vacation. I haven't had anyone coming to me wanting anything for several days right now and it feels wonderful. Also, I'm really enjoying the time to get to know my neice. She's certainly a different girl. I have been reminded that she could talk to a brick wall. Yesterday afternoon, while we were at the tattoo place, she just rambled on and on. Too funny.

The other thing that I have discovered is that she has a severe drinking problem. Before we left, mom and I went shopping for snackies. I bought a 24-pack of bottled water. Mom said "you won't need that much water, will you?" I told her that we'd just bring home whatever we didn't drink. Well, Natty-boo chugged down 3 on her first day! Last night, she trotted down to our sweet ride and brought up six bottles. I'm on my first of those six and she's on #4. I seem to recall her mother once telling her that if she drank more water, it would be helpful to her complexion, and Natalie rolled her eyes at Holly. But it would appear that now, X years later, Natalie has taken that advice to heart.


Now for today's Dear Tom. We haven't received a response from Tom regarding yesterday's question yet, so we'll just go on with today's question.

Dear Tom,
Your daughter got you a magnet at Wal-Mart. (Lucky guy!) We've found quite a few pinecones along the beach. What up? We figured that pinecones grew further north of here.



I have the sneaky suspicion that today's entry is going to be short and uneventful as it is chilly outside and an NCIS marathon just came on USA. Other than contemplating trekking out to find a Subway for lunch, I'm thinking we'll be holed up here at the hotel. Gnarley is disgusted with us, but frankly, as he's from the Great White North, he's used to chilly temps. I do wonder what it is like in Indiana now, thought. Maybe I'll investigate that. I'll go ahead and post this now, and if something noteworthy happens later today (yes, we've been up all of 2hrs and 25 minutes), I'll make an addendum. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment