Saturday, May 17, 2008

T.G.I. Saturday!

So I was supposed to participate in a walk for (against) juvenile diabetes today. One of my nieces and a nephew were even going to come down to Holiday World and hang with me for the day. I was really excited about it, and I think Natalie and Duncan were too. But as I mentioned previously, I've had this knee and hip pain, and although it is feeling somewhat better, there was just no way I had any business walking a mile, let alone walking around Holiday World. So I had to cancel my walking plans and dash Natalie and Duncan's hopes and dreams of a Saturday with their favorite aunt! For those who sponsored me, I'm sorry I didn't get to go walk, but your donations went to a good cause and thanks.

As it turned out, despite being deprived of my presence, Natalie managed to buck up and go to HW without me. She and a friend came down, had a good day at HW, and then drove to my place, via Kentucky (don't ask!), to spend the night.

It's was a beautiful day here in So. Indiana. I went to Curves this morning for a slow workout - I don't want to lose the ground I may have gained already. Then I went to mom and dad's to mow their yard. This was the 4th Saturday in a row that I've mowed their yard. I enjoy it, the breeze as I ride around listening to my mp3 player, but you'd think I hated it by the way I've been treating their mower. Two weeks ago I managed to dent some wheel inside the blade housing, and couldn't finish the lawn. Dad fixed it with no lasting damage, but then last week, after filling the gas tank, I failed to put the gas cap back on, so for like the first hour as I'm bumping around I'm smelling gas... I thought I'd got it on me, but no, it was just escaping out of the tank! I got the gas cap back on and finished the yard. Dad makes the comment that he hopes I didn't get gas in the tank. (Not that I have any clue as to exactly what that would do, but..) The important thing is I don't think I did any lasting damage to the mower today! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment