Friday, May 16, 2008

Curves

It's been a while since I blogged. :) But I've been busy.. I made a dramatic decision a couple of weeks ago. I joined Curves. I'd been thinking for a while that I needed to do something, and then my doctor who had recently put me on cholesterol medicine DOUBLED the dosage because it wasn't working well enough. So I'm sitting in the Pharmacy area at Sams and thinking that something has to give. I had already talked to a lady at my office who goes to Curves, and she'd given me a Guest Pass, and I knew that the place was open until 7pm, so on my way home from Sams, I drove by it, and then I went in. I talked to the trainer, Lola, and she's very nice and excited about me joining (yeah, I know, she's paid for it, but still). Anyway, after talking to her, I decided to do it. I had to break down and put the membership fee on my credit card. That hurt because it's been almost 2 years since I've used my credit cards. But May was(is) a 5 payday month for me, so I decided it would be alright.

So now, a little under three weeks later, I've been going pretty regularly, a minimum of 3 times a week, and last week I went 5 times! I'm enjoying it and it's making me feel somewhat more energetic.

On a side note, that cholesterol medicine has had a side effect of giving me INCREDIBLE knee and hip pain, so I've had to discontinue it entirely and slow down a little at Curves until the pain goes away, but that' s ok. I figure the exercise will do its job and I won't need the cholesterol medicine at all pretty soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment